Monday, September 29, 2008

Catching Up Since Wednesday

Just some quick clarification - Last posting was labeled "Thursday" but that was because it was after Midnight - those workouts were from Wednesday.

Soooo since then -

Thursday - no workout other than volleyball that night because from 1pm to about 8pm I spent the day helping a sister in our ward move out of her storage unit and apartment. I figured that counted. ha. Then is saw USC LOSE to Oregon State!!!! :-( And then went and played volleyball, taking my aggression out on the ball, resulting in mostly too long of kills. haha.

Friday - No cardio in the AM - legs were still feeling the Wednesday anaerobic training and all the moving/volleyball. PM I did Chest & Back instead of Legs & Back for the same reasons I didn't do cardio in the morning.

Saturday - Saturday was pretty much shot with going with my fam to a kids sale out at Oaks Park, then I had a writing meeting for most of the afternoon, followed by mi esposa going to the RS Broadcast that night. Short version - no Kenpo or Cardio.

Sunday - rest

Monday (today):
This morning I did Speed Conditioning down at the football pitch as follows:

WARM UP - stretch and jog 1 lap around track

- Hollows – Sprint 20m @ 80%, 20m cruise and sprint 20m @ 80% - build to
100% over the 8 sets.

- 3 tuck jumps (knee to chest) into a 5m sprint 45 sec recovery *3 reps * 3 sets with
90 sec rest between each set.

- 3 x 5 reps of 25m sprints from different positions off the ground. 45 sec rest
between reps and 90 sec between each set.

- 2 x 6 reps of 40m sprints from different positions off the ground with a step.
45 sec rest between reps and 90 sec between each set.

- 2 x 5 reps of 5m sprints from the get- up position then 5m lateral shuffle pick up a
ball jump over a tackle bag for 30m sprint.

COOL DOWN - stretch, jog to walk one lap around track.

These anaerobic and speed conditioning routines are geared towards rugby players, hence the "picking a ball and jumping over a tackle bag". I don't have a rugby ball (yet) and no tackle bag, so I just jumped over an imaginary bag. But I think I'll start bringing my soccer ball for the drills that require a ball. Most of these sprints would normally require you to be carrying the ball, so until I get a rugby ball I'll use the soccer ball.

Tonight I will do my Chest, Shoulders, Triceps routine.

. . . Later that night. :-)

Slow Motion 3-in-1 Push Ups - 12 reps + 9 bonus military pushes
In & Out Shoulder Flys - 16 reps w/20lb dumbbells
Chair Dips - 45 reps
Plange Push Ups - 11 reps
Pike Press - 16 reps
Side Tri-Rises - 25 reps each side
Floor Flys - 20 reps
Scarecrows - 12 reps w/20lb dumbbells
Overhead Tricep Extensions - 8 reps w/50lbs
2 Twitch Speed Push Ups - 12 fast/9 slow
Y Press - 10 reps w/30lb dumbbells
Lying Tricep Extension - 12 reps w/25lb dumbbells

BREAK

Side to Side Push Ups - 16 reps
Pour Flys - 12 reps w/15lb dumbbells
Side Leaning Tricep Extensions - 10 reps w/25ld dumbbells
One Arm Push Ups - 5 reps (no knees)
Weighted Circles - 25 reps w/10lb dumbbells
Throw the Bomb - 12 reps w/ 25lb dumbbells
Clap Push Ups - 10 reps (no knees!)
Slo-Mo Throws - 11 reps w/ 15lb dumbbells
Front 2 Back Tricep Extensions - 10 reps w/25lb dumbbells
Weighted Balance Push Ups - 10 reps w/15lb dumbbells
Shoulder Shrugs - 20 reps w/35lb dumbbells
Fly_Row_Press - 10 reps w/20lb dumbbells
Dumbbell Cross Body Blows - 40 reps w/20lb dumbbells

COOL DOWN

I killed it tonight! I was pretty stoked I improved in every single exercise except F 2 B Tri Ext, which I matched last weeks - but with true form this week. I even added Shoulder Shrugs to the routine. I was pretty excited how good I felt and even did the full Ab Ripper routine afterwards (15 reps every exercise, except 40 reps for the Russian Twist). Great night!

We'll see how I feel en la manana. . .

No comments: